zipline at CocoCay; 3 questions

PRMLVM

The excursion description says that the zipline experience at CocoCay is approx 45 min.   Can anyone confirm that the experience lasts that long?  Do the ziplines go all over the resort area?

It also says to wear athletic shoes, yet the video shows a participant in sandals.  Are strapped-on sandals allowed?

Lastly, it mentions water and going through a fountain before landing.  Do you go through the fountain, or just through the fountain plaza area (do you get wet)?

Thank you for your help with these questions!  Any other "know before you go" info would be appreciated as well.

9 hours ago, PRMLVM said:

The excursion description says that the zipline experience at CocoCay is approx 45 min.   Can anyone confirm that the experience lasts that long?  Do the ziplines go all over the resort area?

It also says to wear athletic shoes, yet the video shows a participant in sandals.  Are strapped-on sandals allowed?

Lastly, it mentions water and going through a fountain before landing.  Do you go through the fountain, or just through the fountain plaza area (do you get wet)?

Thank you for your help with these questions!  Any other "know before you go" info would be appreciated as well.

I did this with several others in my party back in 2019, so my memory is a little fuzzy, but will relate what I remember.

The zip line does go over I believe three segments and does take about 45 minutes to an hour, with the first two over the waterpark area, and the last ending on the far side of the small lagoon.  There are two lines that run in parallel next to each other, so you generally travel in pairs.  Regarding shoes, they don't want any of your footwear to fall off, as you are travelling directly over people in the waterpark.  That is why they want athletic shoes, as sandals could fall off.  If they were fully strapped on, and couldn't "fall" off, they may accept them.  After you check-in, you go into a room to "gear-up" and watch a safety video.  You then go outside, and climb the steps at the first tower to begin your first segment.

They do weigh you on a scale at check-in, so be sure you are within their posted weight restrictions.  There are free lockable lockers available right at the check-in area for your use while doing the zip line.

Regarding going "through" the water, on the last segment, one of the two lines travels right through the fountain in the lagoon area, so one person of a pair stays fairly dry, and the other can get quite wet.  Yes, I got completely drenched, and my niece missed it all and was completely dry... 

Overall, I enjoyed it.  I don't think I would pay money do it again, but once was great.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

My adult children (20s) did the zipline and loved it; would do it again.  In line, we met a woman who had just done her 7th total Coco Cay zip! I thought I'd pop back in and answer my own questions from the original post:

The zipline took nowhere near 45 min.  There was of course the time to get the gear on, watch the safety video, and climb the 3 towers, but even with all of those steps the kids were done in less that 25/30 min.  They were first in line of their group, so maybe that had something to do with it, so if you're scheduling more than one activity you should probably allow for potential crowds.  They zipped 3 lines, and once they were released at each of them, the ride itself was under a minute (like any "roller coaster" experience!).  The ride goes over 3 areas of the main part of the Cay.

They wore strapped-on sandals, but the ride does indeed require closed-toed shoes.  However, they provide crocs for anyone who needs them.   My son wears mens size 13, and they had a pair that barely fit (just enough for the ride!).  They left their shoes in the dressing area and got them back at the end.

They did not get wet.  My daughter was closer to the fountain, but she is light and maybe that prevented her from being low enough to get wet?

Pretty much everything MarvinS said above was what we encountered otherwise!

My daughter was wearing a jumper with spaghetti straps, and was told she "should" have a sleeved shirt on so the shoulder harness wouldn't rub or hurt her.  I'm not sure if they would have actually stopped her from riding; her dad sacrificed his t-shirt to her for the duration of the ride.

My son said he would do it again, even at that price.  My daughter said she would do it again, but NOT at that price.  Both were very happy they got to do it on this trip!