Royal Up Conundrum

Ja-sun

14 minutes ago, smakl70 said:

No.  You could all sleep in the suite but only the 2 who won it will have its privileges.  

That's my plan. We could all use it, so do I only try one royal up for a suite, and if I get it, I cancel the other room?

18 minutes ago, smakl70 said:

You can't cancel the other room.  If you add the other guests to the royal up suite it will trigger a reprice and you lose the royal up price.  

So then it can't be done. Once you reserve two rooms, you have to keep the two rooms. You can't convert two two guest rooms in to one suite with four quests. I kinda figured but wasn't a 100% on it. How do you know this for sure?

30 minutes ago, Ja-sun said:

So then it can't be done. Once you reserve two rooms, you have to keep the two rooms. You can't convert two two guest rooms in to one suite with four quests. I kinda figured but wasn't a 100% on it. How do you know this for sure?

Adding people to a room has to be done in the reservations system through Royal directly. When Royal looks at the reservation they will see the 2 passengers assigned to the current RoyalUp room and they also see what was paid for the original reservation. To add people to a room they have to reprice the room at the current prevailing rates. You would be charged the difference between what was originally paid for the room and the new price on the room. The RoyalUp bid amount won't even come into play.

Canceling the other room under CWC has to be done at least 48 hours out to get the FCC. That FCC will not be able to be used to immediately apply to the other room that you wanted to keep to cover the repricing charge.  Even if the net $$ would ultimately be less, you're still going to front money to Royal until the canceled room gets settled, which may be weeks to months after the cruise with their lovely FCC and refund systems in place 🙄

50 minutes ago, Ja-sun said:

That's why I said No

4 hours ago, Ja-sun said:

You could all sleep in the suite but you would also have to keep one of the original rooms and leave it empty or else you would be dealing with cancellations and repricing which would defeat the purpose.  Only the winners of the royal up would have suite privileges.  The other two would on paper still be in their original room and you would need to request extra room keys so they could get into the suite.  If you are ok with these restrictions, you could do it.