Change from MTD to traditional dinning?

Hoebo123

My wife & I are booked on Allure for the 5/28-6/5 Southern Caribbean cruise. When we booked through a travel agent, about a month ago, she indicated that we had to take My Time Dining. The early seating was not available. Last night I was able to book our MTD for 6:30 each night which was the earliest time slot offered. 
I have two questions. Will this present a problem getting to the early entertainment venues on time ? We are elderly & turn into pumpkins prior to the later shows times. The website has not offered show times & the ability to sign up @ this point. Secondly, how willing is RC to switch us to the early dinner seating either through our travel agent now or on embarkation day @ the main dining room ?

• Matt changed the title to Change from MTD to traditional dinning?

If your travel agent can't switch you prior to the cruise, you can ask the Main Dining Room staff once you're onboard to be switched to early seating. They're usually able to accommodate.
All show reservations currently have to be made onboard, and can't be booked ahead of time on the Cruise Planner. If you take a look at other cruise compasses, you can get an idea of what times the shows will be before deciding what to do.    https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

• 2 weeks later...

I always ask at the MDR desk on boarding day for any changes. Usually I am booked for My Time but don’t want to eat at 6:45pm, hoping it will go back to the earlier time choices. So, when MTD is still 6:45, I just go to the MDR host desk after I board and ask to be switched to the early seating at 5:30 and at a table for one. They are very accommodating and have always made the change.