Flexi dining

poider

Now to tackle the dining times....

When booking our cruise ( and mind you we booked 9 months in advance) we were told that all of the 6.30pm dining slots were booked and we had an option to book at 8.30pm or flexi time. We thought that 8.30pm may be a little late every night so we went with the flexi time, the travel agent explained that flexitime meant we could eat at either time as long as we booked first.

We now have friends from interstate that are coming on the cruise as well, and they booked the 8.30 timeslot.

They are a party of three, are we allowed to ask them to book for five even though they are only three?

I assume that sometime during each day we will have to make a booking for the time we want, or do we have to just turn up and wait for a table to become available.

Does this apply to all cafes and restaurants and dining rooms?

Peter

The alternative to traditional dining is called "My Time Dining". It's not a pick-your-traditional time as was described to you, but instead that you may dine at whatever time you wish (anytime during their open hours for My Time Dining).

My Time Dining is separate from traditional dining. You would not be able to join your friends who have traditional dining as they will be assigned to a different part of the dining room from where the My Time Dining people eat. To eat with them, they'd need to switch to My Time Dining or you'd need to get into the 8:30 PM traditional dining. If you do move to traditional dining, you'd need to get your reservations linked so that you'd be eating with them as traditional dining has assigned seating.

For My Time Dining, you may reserve a time, either the same time for the whole week or different times for each day, or you may simply show up and wait a few minutes for a table to be available. (We've never waited more than 15 minutes. Since we eat early with My Time Dining, it's generally been less than 5 minutes.)

All of this only applies to the main dining room. Cafés are open-seating only, and specialty restaurants have their own reservations that you'd need to make with them directly.

Like Marc said, My Time is just that you can eat during about a 4hour time period that the Main Dining room is open and its nice to be able to go down when you want - you can even request a certain table size (eat alone or dine with others) and I have also asked for the same server if they are working and have tables available - Unless you truly like having a set dining time - with the same server - which some do - My Time is a great alternative.

And no again like Marc said the Windjammer is open seating, and other restaurants have reservations

Enjoy - part of the fun in planning