Crown and Anchor Society

Hello everyone!

I have a few questions about the Crown and Anchor Society.

1) Do you receive your points when you book a cruise, or is it applied after the cruise ends?

2) Outside of the perks described in the RCL page, are there any hidden perks that some of you received by being a member?

3) What are the discount rates on some of the staterooms and/or different packages in the cruise?

4) Lastly, I read up the Celebrity Cruise Lines is the sister company, are the points transferable or can you acquire points by sailing with them too?

Sorry it's a lot of questions. Thank you in advance for all your responses.

The points are applied at the completion of a cruise. It usually takes up to two weeks for the points to post.

The discount is for balcony or higher categories starting at about $100 off, but often isn't combinable with other promotions. I actually haven't taken advantage of that discount since 2005.

No additional perks come to mind.

Points so not carry over to Celebrity, butt they do match your status. For example, I'm Diamond on Royal and will receive Elite status and the associated perks when I travel with them.

The points are applied at the completion of a cruise. It usually takes up to two weeks for the points to post.

The discount is for balcony or higher categories starting at about $100 off, but often isn't combinable with other promotions. I actually haven't taken advantage of that discount since 2005.

No additional perks come to mind.

Points so not carry over to Celebrity, butt they do match your status. For example, I'm Diamond on Royal and will receive Elite status and the associated perks when I travel with them.

DocLC,

Thanks for the response. Your explanation definitely gave me some clarity. What part of San Diego are you from if you don't mind me asking? I used to be from National City, and I was just there in San Diego a few weeks ago for the holidays. 

One thing I will add which you may or may not have read is the double points for travelling solo or extra points when booking a suite. Just a cpl quicker ways to work your way up.

If you ever do a solo cruise though, make sure you don't take a "solo" room as they don't give you the double points on those rooms and often they are not cheaper than a normal cabin which would give you double points.

Just something I found out the hard way on a previous cruise!

One thing I will add which you may or may not have read is the double points for travelling solo or extra points when booking a suite. Just a cpl quicker ways to work your way up.

If you do this, pay attention when your points are posted. My last three cruises I've had to email RC because they shorted me the bonus solo or suite points. They were great about it and fixed it right away each time, but just something to keep in mind.

DocLC,

Thanks for the response. Your explanation definitely gave me some clarity. What part of San Diego are you from if you don't mind me asking? I used to be from National City, and I was just there in San Diego a few weeks ago for the holidays.

North County. Went to Vista High School.