Excursion Reviews???

rjac

In the past, cruisers have posted comments/reviews under the excursions offered for an upcoming cruise which they have been on. Not so any more, which I find interesting. Now I can understand this if it is a brand new excursion that RC has never offered before. We are booked on the Serenade March 6 and the excursions they offer are not new and no reviews/comments. They are the same ones that were offered in 2011 when we were on the Serenade. Anyone else notice this? Or am I looking in the wrong place? I'm an old guy, but not senile.....yet.

I believe you are talking about the RC site and you are not senile (yet).  RC used to have reviews but removed the feature a few months ago.

Thanks for you vote of confidence! Wonder why they removed that feature? I use to use it when determining if an excursion was worth the money, perhaps that's why?

Thanks for you vote of confidence! Wonder why they removed that feature? I use to use it when determining if an excursion was worth the money, perhaps that's why?

I noticed that the reviews were missing this week, which I assumed they removed to kill any "negative" reviews that were present. Hey, I'm a negative thinker. Instead I used cruisecritic and tripadvisor to zero in on good vs bad.

Mike

Doubt we will ever know the reason, but I suspect negative reviews were not something they wanted.  

• 2 weeks later...

What I would prefer is if they published the aggregate value of ratings (say, out of four or five) given in post-cruise surveys of people that took the excursion. When I read a review I generally wonder if I would agree with the reviewer on anything else in life, but at least a "crowd" number tends to even out the "never can be happy" and "I love everything" votes, especially when using them to compare with other excursions. I find the overall user ratings the most useful component of sites like TripAdvisor and Hotels.com