Wave Runner (wave Jet, jet ski) tour at CocoCay?

dubhot

The Jet Ski excursion is a follow the leader type tour. 

They try to gauge participant experience and put the more aggressive drivers first.  The tour leader takes off then the 1st driver is directed to take off 30 second later followed by the next jet ski 30 seconds later, then the next jet ski and so on.  Another crew member brings up the rear to help anyone struggling who is new to operating a jet ski and isn't as fast. 

The lead crew tour operator will stop and the group comes back together before the process repeats for the next leg.  It's not unusual for it to take several minutes waiting for the slow pokes to finally rejoin the pack.  

The tour leader knows the local waters and they will set a course to avoid reefs and shallows.  For an experienced jet ski participant it may seem boring at times particularly if there are many slowpoke newbies in the overall group.  

Unsure if you typically use your wave runner on a lake or the open ocean.  Ocean swell and waves can make for a fun ride if most of your wave running is done on inland lakes and rivers.  I pretty much run full out with the throttle pegged and enjoy the ocean experience but there are usually some newer drivers in the excursion group that are more timid and go slower.  

47 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

When we did it, we stopped in some shallow areas and looked  around for Starfish.    Apparently, the guide told us there used to be a lot of them, but the Sea Cucumbers took them out.  Also may see a stray stingray or lemon shark.

Wow, sounds nice! I just realized that the minimum age for a passenger is 10. My youngest is 9, so I guess we’re out unfortunately!