Travel Documents

If I read my registration correctly, we can used our Enhanced Drivers License as documentation on a closed loop cruise? (Instead of Birth Certificate and Drivers License) For those who do not have a passport. Can anyone confirm that? Also, while on the topic - can anyone clarify what I would need for my 17 year old son. It appears it is a birth certificate and government issued ID. He does not have his drivers license yet. Registration mentions birth certificate and school ID - will that be sufficient? THANK YOU IN ADVANVCE!

Hi! Thought this might help. Included the links also. You'll need your DL and BC to board. Happy Cruising!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/united-states-citizen-travel-documentation

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-travel-documents-are-required-for-cruises-from-united-states-ports

For US Sailings 

U.S. Citizens may sail using their:

• Official US Birth Certificate and a supporting Government Issued Photo ID, like a driver’s license or an identity card. Please note that hospital Birth Certificates (baby feet Birth Certificates) are not accepted.

or

• U.S. Passport book that is valid at least 6 months after your cruise. 
    • Lastly, below are details if you need additional information about your passport.
      • Visit the United Sates Department of State travel information website.
      • Visa Central is the passport and visa service provider that we recommend. When you contact Visa Central, reference our account 44988 for reduced service fees. Contact Visa Central:

Also found this: 

• United States citizens on cruises that begin and end at the same port in the United States can use a original government-issued picture ID (i.e. driver's license) AND an original government-issued birth certificate or original Naturalization Certificate.
  • Minors under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original government-issued, original or certified copy of his or her birth certificate; a Consular Report of Birth Abroad Issued by DOA; or Certificate of Naturalization issued by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.