Routan, Costa Maya, Cozumel

BowTieBrigade

Roatan has very good (and inexpensive) zip lining.  It also has very good snorkeling from the beach.  I recommend a private driver in Roatan - it is a very poor country and is inexpensive.  I use Rony's Tours HOME - Roatan Tours, Cruiseship Activities, Excursions, Zipline Canopy Tours with Ronys Independent Tours, Roatan (ronystours.com)

Costa Maya is a good place for Mayan Ruins if you want to go the educational route.  I recommend Native Choice tours.  If you want the beach, Maya Chan is highly recommended.

Costa Maya Excursions | Activities in Costa Maya, tours and travel information (thenativechoice.com)

Costa Maya Beach Resort - Maya Chan Beach

In Cozumel there is a lot of choices - I usually go to one of the beach clubs.  For kids, I like Paradise Beach.  It has a nice pool, great beach with chairs/umbrella/ water service, and fun giant inflatables for the kids.  Even though the website sells it as all inclusive, you can choose to pay as you go if you are not big drinkers.

The best all inclusive beach club in Cozumel | Paradise Beach Cozumel