Dining, beverage, and excursion deals timing

Johnny Johns

We're cruising Europe on Brilliance of the Seas in August.

I have been looking at the promotions offered for Dining, beverage, and excursions, as they vary month to month. My question is for those of you who monitor the fluctuations month to month. What is the best deal we're going to get? Do excursions ever get discounted any more than 30%, Unlimited dining at $24 a day, and the Deluxe beverage at Buy-one-get-one50%off?

None of the dining/beverage deals seem fantastic, considering this is just to upgrade from included meals/beverages.

And I see a lot of better independent excursion prices outside of RoyalC (My only concern there is the convenience doing it through RC)

I am still new to the RCCL cruising, but I have asked similar questions and/or read responses to other similar posts.

My understanding is that for UDP, if it says "up to 55% discount," it is a good deal and to buy it before it sells out.

I don't think that the UBP sells out.  I am still uncertain as to what the best deal is for the UBP, but when ours said buy one, get one 50% off, it was not as good as the $55 a person deal.  

As to excursions, they sell out.  I have no other strategy to share on excursions.

I don't see the soda packages fluctuating at all.

Hope this helps.

@Johnny Johns to echo what @CruisingNewb said, don't get hung up on the %off number because its off an onboard price that nobody actually knows for certain. All of these prices vary by ship, and sail date, and the whim of RC AI that sets the prices. I've seen DX beverage packages with two different "sales" have the exact same cost. Your best bet is to watch prices and purchase an item when it is at a price you are comfortable paying. Once you make the purchase, you can look to see if it goes cheaper, and you can cancel and repurchase the cruise planner item at the lower cost. If the price goes up, you know that you have protected yourself from that increase.

Independent excursions can be cheaper, but you do have risks and the loss of convenience associated with booking through the ship. Good time management and pre-planning can prevent those issues from becoming a factor though. I also take location into consideration. If I'm familiar with the port, or the excursion is close to the port I may be more inclined to do an independent excursion. If a long drive is involved, I don't take that risk.

Lastly, welcome to the blogs!!