Leaving kids onboard while taking excursion

41m33

I understand parents can leave their children in the Adventure Oceans program while they take a port excursion but is there a way to be contacted if the need were to arise? If we opt to purchase a roaming pkg for our cell phone? This is even a question for sea days too, how would someone reach me even if I'm onboard? Are 2-way radios an option if our kids have one and we have the other?

On board contact options seem to vary by ship and AO age group.

Some ships have phones or beepers that they give out, seems to be much less common than it used to be for some reason though and they also seem to give them out more for young kids and/or special needs kids as opposed to just everybody.

My Nephew is autistic and they provided a phone to my brother on Freedom last year for example but prior to that I hadn't seen or heard of phones being available for a couple of years.

I would think in port if you gave them a cell # they would try it but has never come up to be sure.

Onboard the ship, you can ask for a phone.  Certainly, they can page you over the PA if need be.

Off the ship, there is no real way to contact you.  I've left my kids many times onboard while my wife leave the ship for an excursion.  For us, there's a matter of trust and also experience that our kids are comfortable in AO.  We also make very certain to return many hours before we have to.