Casa Bacardi Distillery Visitor Center, San Juan - CANCELLED for Symphony February 5, 2022

mattpan

My group and I are sailing Symphony of the Seas on February 5, 2022. I'm totally aware of the current San Juan situation re: turning away ships etc. but today we were notified that our shore excursion at the Bacardi Distillery (Casa Bacardi Distillery Visitor Center) was cancelled. All the other excursions still appear on the website so I don't think it has to do with the current San Juan situation; it seems to be excursion-specific. Anyone have an idea why this was cancelled? One of my friends noticed on the disterlly website that they are closed Monday and Tuesdays...our stop is on a Tuesday. Maybe they recently changed their hours?

Does anyone have any other ideas for San Juan that involves tasting LOTS of rum? (Assuming we still visit San Juan on our sailing)

Thanks!

Walk off the ship, turn left and head down towards the La Princesa Promenade.

There is a bar called The Princesa Gastro Bar.  Granted I haven't been there since the shutdown, but they used to be really good about putting together a rum tasting based on your likes likes and dislikes.  No tour charge, no cover fee, just the cost of a rum flight.

40acqp9.jpg

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5068-anthem-112517-712-b2b/&do=findComment&comment=50523

@mattpan I'm sorry to hear Casa Bacardi was cancelled; it's a really good time. A spot I always visit when in San Juan. 

I am on Oasis and supposed to be stopping in San Juan in February as well, but I expect we will not make the stop (and probably/hopefully will stop somewhere else entirely) unless PR relaxes their testing requirement. 

Similar happened with our excursion to the rainforest at the beginning of February. It was cancelled a couple weeks ago but other excursions in Old San Juan are still available - I suspect it's related to the increase in cases but not necessarily any indicator that we'll still be turned away at that point. Everything is still speculation.