FCC Refunds?

Padgett12345

Hello, I was curious if anyone has had any success receiving a full refund of their amount paid from an FCC issued.  We initially booked for a March 2020 cruise and cancelled it a few days prior due to Covid and were issued about $3k in FCC. We rebooked for June 2021, but RC cancelled that cruise and we were reissued the FCCs.  We rebooked again for April 2022, but have since had a third child and are unvaccinated, which makes us unable to even cruise at this point.  I’ve had absolutely no luck with RC customer service and have been told no policies are our for April yet.  Has anyone had any luck with the current policies receiving a refund for the amount of the FCCs?

Yes.  I was able to get cash for several FCCs.  You are in a perfect situation for cashing out your FCCs (based on current “rules”) since they have already been applied to an active booking.  The CSR that you spoke with told you correctly; you will have to wait until they announce COVID protocols for April.  Once they announce that all eligible pax must be vaccinated (and since you are not), you will be eligible for a full cash refund as long as that policy still applies.  Nobody knows what the “rules” will be by then.  Be aware that it is not easy to get the FCCs cashed out.  Royal wants to force more FCCs on you if they can. Also be aware that L&S refunds have some weird rules.  Some cancellation penalties could apply.  It all depends on whether the L&S occurred before or after the final payment of the original cruise.  I was willing to suck it up and pay the penalties so that I would be rid of all of my FCCs.  When the time comes, don’t settle for anything except for cash.  Good luck.  Stay strong !

2 hours ago, Padgett12345 said:

Thanks for the info, I haven’t paid taxes on it yet so I assume I’ll need to pay those by the February deadline to keep the reservation.  Hoping for the best with refunds, anything back at this point would be a win.

Yes, you will need to pay the cruise in full before asking for a refund unless protocols are announced prior to final payment date, which is unlikely.