PCR Nightmare

We’re departing tomorrow and got our kids’ PCR tests done two days ago, per the protocols. But with Christmas travel, the lab is backed up and we still don’t have the results! Luckily we were able to find a place doing rapid PCR in our departure city while we were flying there, and we should get our new results in a few hours. (It would usually be less than an hour, but for the holiday rush.)

Just another reason to not wait until your departure day to travel. Thank goodness we follow along with this community!

BTW, RCL was no help. I understand they have to follow the protocols to ensure their sailings don’t get canceled and the like; I don’t blame them. But it’s a bit of a feel-bad to spend most of the day worried that Christmas will be ruined for our kids because we did everything the company we paid thousands of dollars to asked us, and they wouldn’t lift a finger when things went awry. I mean, could they not foresee that requiring what is often a 72-hour turnaround test be taken 3 days max before a cruise, and then implementing the new policy right before a major travel holiday could cause problems? 

Ok, rant over. Hope to see all my fellow Navigators tomorrow. Merry Christmas!