Has anyone done an ATV tour in Cozumel?

need2cruz

Hi, I'm new to the group.   We're going on our 1st cruise in 3 years in Feb. on Symphony.  It has the Western itinerary.  I was interested in booking a shore excursion through RC for one of the ATV tours.  There's a Jade Cavern tour and a beach/snorkel tour.    I'm leaning towards the Jade Cavern one, but wanted to see if other people had gone on either and had any opinions.

My 19 year old and I did the Jade Cavern one in Jan 2020 (through Royal).  It was fun for us, but we are pretty low maintenance.

By the time we booked, there were only 2-person atvs left, so I let him drive.  We've always had wheelers (I started with 3-wheelers in the mid-80s), so compared to the ones we have at home, the rental ones were nothing special, but we still enjoyed the time.  Those who were beginners had no problems learning and driving. 

We rode in a follow the leader style, with a guide leading and one following the group.  Mostly dirt road riding with a few muddy areas.   We stopped at one of the cenotes for a walk down to it an swim for those who were interested.  The water was nice and cold.  After the ride, there was the obligatory tequila tasting.

22 hours ago, teddy said:

By the time we booked, there were only 2-person atvs left

The 2 person on one ATV option is slightly less money.  As someone who has never ridden on one, I think I'd rather just be the passenger and let my husband drive.  Does the weight of having 2 people on one ATV make it any more likely to tip?  I'm not looking for that much excitement!  

My wife and I just did one in Nov. Don't remember the tour name tho. We had about a hr of driving the single seat atv, then went to the beach after. The atv was fun, but a little slow for me, but I raced atv's, so most are slow. But wife had a blast, and that is what counted. The beach was alright (bring water shoes). But overall for the cost, I would do it again.

3 hours ago, need2cruz said:

The 2 person on one ATV option is slightly less money.  As someone who has never ridden on one, I think I'd rather just be the passenger and let my husband drive.  Does the weight of having 2 people on one ATV make it any more likely to tip?  I'm not looking for that much excitement!  

The two rider atv is purpose built for two.  It’s stable.