Return trip from abroad after TA and testing

togo

Has anyone going on a TA next year ever considered what if by chance they test positive while abroad before their flight or cruise back.   Then end up being stuck in the other country until quarantine is over and healthy again.  This slight chance could create a problematic situation.  Now i am weighing the risks and the odds.

I had made 2020 a big year of international cruising. I was on a TA to Spain when the pandemic sent the public into toilet paper panic mode.  I had to pay 4x the normal rate to fly home when the US president at the time improperly detailed his travel ban.  The cruise was great.  The experience leaving the ship and trying to get home... not so much.

With my big year of 2020 international cruises cancelled, I originally re-booked many of them for the summer of 2021.  It didn't take long for those to cancel and become 2022 bookings.

Seeing the world freak out about Omicron brough all those memories of 2020 back along with the anxiety of trying to fly home with governments making rash decisions all over again.

I don't fear the cruise or having questions about safety while cruising.  I do have fears about what governments around the world could do on a moments notice.  

For this reason I am deferring my 2022 international cruises another year at least into 2023 or 2024.  I am hoping that the world will settle into a more predictable response and routine by that point.  The virus may still be with us, but hopefully knee jerk overreactions by governments around the world will be less common.