Dinner with Adventure Ocean

nick_b

First post!
We've got our second cruise with RC coming up.  On our last RC cruise (summer 2018), our son (8) was able to sign up for Adventure Ocean.  There was an option for him to STAY in AO during dinner time and they would bring those kids to a private section of the Windjammer for pizza and chicken nuggets.  Afterwards they would all go back to AO for the next session.  He liked doing this so much, that he opted to do it every night of the cruise.   Has anyone heard of this still being an option?  I can't find ANYTHING referring to this online.   I also suspect that COVID protocols will have nixed this program.

48 minutes ago, nick_b said:

First post!
We've got our second cruise with RC coming up.  On our last RC cruise (summer 2018), our son (8) was able to sign up for Adventure Ocean.  There was an option for him to STAY in AO during dinner time and they would bring those kids to a private section of the Windjammer for pizza and chicken nuggets.  Afterwards they would all go back to AO for the next session.  He liked doing this so much, that he opted to do it every night of the cruise.   Has anyone heard of this still being an option?  I can't find ANYTHING referring to this online.   I also suspect that COVID protocols will have nixed this program.

At least up until recently, AO is requiring appointments, severely limiting numbers, and enforcing social distance between kids while there.  I would be very surprised if they were doing that.  I would have low expectations on Adventure Ocean based on reports I have seen. 

I'm not sure when your sailing is so protocols might change by then. Here is my experience with AO from my cruise this week 10/31-11/5. 

Each child is allowed 3 sessions for the entire cruise on a reservation system. This particular cruise, there were alot of kids so its best you register and pick your time slots on the first day. Only one day this week they offered a lunch session. The kids would order from a menu at AO. The food was brought to The Workshop and they would eat at The Workshop and watch a movie. They did not offer the kids going to WJ on this sailing. They also did not offer a dinner session. Unless I overlooked it, they did not have AO cruise compasses either where they had scheduled different activities each day. 

I agree with the others, it is very limited. Including my kids, there were less than 7 kids in the room and socially distanced.

Here's the schedule from this week on Freedom 5 night;

Morning 9am-12pm (Day 2-4)

Afternoon 2p-5p (Day 2-5)

Evening 7p-10p (Day 2-5)

Late night 10p-1am (Day 2-5)

Lunch session 12-2pm (Day 2 only)