Cruising with a Toddler

My cruising experience is about to change drastically and I'm looking for any tips and tricks to assist my transition. We are going on our first cruise as a family of 3 at the end of February on Oasis of the Seas. My son will be 10 months old and we are looking for appropriate shore excursions (since scuba diving and snorkeling experiences are no longer an option for us) that are "baby-safe". We will be travelling to St. Maarten and St. Thomas and are looking for the best way to get to a beach that wouldn't be too far from the ship. Thus far our calls to Royal Caribbean can only give us the information that we can find online, and have no advice on transportation to the beach, specifically if the transportation will be able to accommodate a car seat. Any additional tips or advice for cruising with a toddler is appreciated! 

I've cruised multiple times with littles - my eldest (now 13) was 9 months old on his first cruise.   To be honest, we never used any transportation on any of the islands because of the car seat issue.  St. Maarten is a dream - you can take the water taxi over to Great Bay Beach for 7 bucks round trip and bring the stroller and spend the day on the beach with food and drink service.  You're also right off the main strip in St. Maarten if you want to wander and do a bit of shopping (I'm not sure what shape everything is in after covid if stores are even still there?).  Don't take the first guy that offers you a chair - stand back and take it in and pick a spot you're happy with.   They have umbrellas too, so it does lend itself to a nap with a little one during the day.   

St. Thomas - I don't have anything to offer as we never went to a beach with the kids there until they were older.   Typically when they were little we would wander around town and shop and eat.

Keep in mind, that currently on RCCL kids who aren't vaccinated aren't allowed off the ship unless you're booked with a RCCL excursion.  This has been a small hiccup for us as we are about to sail with our 11 year old.   It could all change by February - but I mention it in the event that it doesn't so you can keep it in the back of your mind.

Have a great time!   We really loved cruising with our kids when they were little.  

Thank you very much for the information! That sounds like a perfect day for us in St. Maarten. Hopefully by February/ March things will look a little more normal for our ports of call, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

That is also very reassuring that your cruising with toddlers went well. I have heard very mixed reviews that have definitely put its fair share of doubt/ anxiety in my mind!