Booking North Star

41m33

I'm trying to reserve a viewing in the Anthem's North Star for our cruise in January. What time would be good? Sunset (what time is that likely)? A port day? I've never cruised and I'm not sure how much there will be to see on sea days. Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

Just a quick note on the North Star based on my experience on the Anthem of the Seas in July 2016.

The North Star does NOT go side-to-side along the ship anymore, even when at sea.  A crew member told us the North Star used to do that on the first and last sea day of each cruise, but that for cruises of 9 days or less (which are now standard on Anthem), they no longer do that.  He said it takes too long to go along the side of the ship and that "corporate" told them to stop doing it so more people could experience the North Star.  

When the North Star did not go along the side of the ship on the day we reserved it, the crew member told us to come back on the last sea day, but then on that day the crew member told us they no longer do that and asked for the name of the crew member that told us that it would go along the side so they could let him know it does not happen anymore.

Not sure it that is still the policy or if it was just what they told me.  Also do not not know the policy on other Quantum class ships.  

I still recommend the North Star - great experience.   Also, if you don't reserve the North Star or miss your time, the last sea day was easy to get on without a reservation, at least in the morning.

-Zeny