Party of 9 for Giovanni's Table on Oasis of the Seas?

Does anyone have experience with large (more than 8 people) parties @ specialty dining venues?  I am sailing on Oasis of the Seas in July 2022.  I tried to make a booking for 9 of us (8 adults + 1 kid) @ Giovanni's Table both online and on the phone with an RCCL agent with no luck.  I was told that they cannot take reservations of more than 8 people.  The agent I spoke to told me we could make 2 separate reservations (for 5 people + 4 people for example) at the same time and they would "try" and seat us together.

Since we only want to do it if we can all sit at the same table, should we bother at all?  What is the likelihood they can sit 9 (8 adults + 1 kid) at the same table? 

Anyone know the answer or know how I can find out?

I met people on a cruise and it ended up being exactly 8 of us and we were sat together. This was at Chop's. Specialty restaurants don't have the floor space like MDR or Windjammer, so I would imagine that this might be true....or just true for that venue. Call again because you may get a different answer. If your whole objective is to sit together, then don't bother if they say it is not feasible. Or look at a different venue that could accomadte you. Some others have tables that can fit up to 10 people.

Update...if you are sailing soon it looks like according to RCG FAQs they aren't allowing for parties larger than 8. So maybe that is what the agent quoted you on. July 2022 is a bit a way so off course things will change.

Edited by Ampurp85
Add

I could see seating for nine being done. Just mention the request seating upon boarding.

If I'm recalling they have a back wall of bench/booth style seating that is booth one side and chair the other. All that should need to be done it pushing several tables together to allow seating for five on both side.

Recall confirmed: Found this picture. Looks to be two tables for 8+ back right and right. Plus the left side shows the booth/bench style seating.

giovanni-s-table.jpg