Guarantee ?

jackhammer

Hi

I'm new to cruising and would like some input on the subject of guaranteed rooms. I booked a room and when i checked up on my reservation online and I found a section that displayed what seems to be a cabin number. At the bottom of the page it says rooms arrangements are unknown but at the same time it displays a cabin number. Most people who book guarantee don't find out their cabin assignment until they get on the boat or close to that date. Is it possible to receive  such information months ahead of time?

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 9.05-1 (dragged)-1 (dragged).tiff

Guarantees are sometimes assigned out just a couple days before sailing, but I've seen them assigned weeks out as well.  Some lines (though I don't know this to be the case w/ RCCL) will sometimes put a stateroom number there, but it could change before sailing depending on availability.

I find it unlikely that a guarantee would be assigned months out, but it could happen, if past final payment and the sailing is full.  That in mind, I wouldn't consider that room to be set it stone.

In May booked a "guarantee" inside cabin on the Independence, I'm due to sail in October.  Within days of the booking I received notification of the cabin number.  I know that this can change; although unlikely in my case as there are only suites left - what a great upgrade that would be!