Voom 30% off sale

I know the surf n stream is needed for Periscope posting -- what if someone on the ship wants to just watch Periscope and not post - do they need the stream package too? (I assume so but want to be sure).

What is someone just wants to text home and check email? Just the 'vanilla' version of Voom?

Thanks!

While Periscope is heavily compressed, I'm guessing you'd need the Surf and Stream package to both broadcast and to watch it.  The same would be true for Skype, FaceTime, etc.  If you're just texting, doing non-video social media, etc., you're fine with the basic service.

While Periscope is heavily compressed, I'm guessing you'd need the Surf and Stream package to both broadcast and to watch it.  The same would be true for Skype, FaceTime, etc.  If you're just texting, doing non-video social media, etc., you're fine with the basic service.

Perfect -- that is what I thought but wanted to be sure before I told my friends going with me.  Thanks!

I understand that many people can't( or won't) do without their tablets/iPhone for a week. Me personally, when I get on the ship, I turn it off and put it in a drawer. I occasionally take a few photos, but that's it. It's vacation so I want to unplug for the week. So it could be 100% off and I wouldn't use it.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...