13 questions

Rjh8842

I am traveling on the independence in the spring for 4 days with 3 generations and 1 stop in cozumel and have a few questions. First time on rccl. Thanks.

1) I have heard that you can put a limit on the seapass. But that it will alow kids to go over limit in the arcade. Is this still accurate?

2)I plan to treat myself to the spa. I am both a planner and frugal. I am trying to decide between prebooking or possibly getting a discount once on board. What would you recommend?

3) I do not see any spa treatments listed on the booking page for teens. Do they offer them on the independence? My niece will be 14.

4)are any classes for adults included in fare?

5) i have read that some people have really been hurt. I am not all that gracefull. But i plan on doing it. Any recommendations?

6) can i get free icecream? Not frozen yogurt

7) i know at johnny rockets you need to pay a second fee for drinks including shakes. Do they charge a service fee for ordering things that are normally free like water and lemonade?

8) where on the independence can i get my free drinks? I am assuming i wont get them at tge bars?

9)with grease now on board how is seating working? Do we prebook? Get tickets on board? Or just show? Also is seating going to be different because of wheelchair?

10) we will also go to the ice show will ticketing be any different because of wheelchair?

11) any recommendations for activities for seniors?

12) anyone that is a permanat wheelchair user that has tips for the independence?

13) what are your recommendations and tips?

I am traveling on the independence in the spring for 4 days with 3 generations and 1 stop in cozumel and have a few questions. First time on rccl. Thanks.

1) I have heard that you can put a limit on the seapass. But that it will alow kids to go over limit in the arcade. Is this still accurate?

I'm not entirely sure on this one.  However, what will the kids need to charge?  If it is sodas, you could simply buy them the soda package, not allow any onboard charges, and then add money to their seapass for games.

2)I plan to treat myself to the spa. I am both a planner and frugal. I am trying to decide between prebooking or possibly getting a discount once on board. What would you recommend?

If you have a specific day/time/procedure that you MUST have, prebook.  However, there will be daily specials and embarkation day specials.  In addition, while in Cozumel, they will offer a port day special which you can take advantage of by booking a treatment in the morning before you head out or returning a little early and enjoying the treatment before the ship departs.

3) I do not see any spa treatments listed on the booking page for teens. Do they offer them on the independence? My niece will be 14.

Not sure, but I don't think so.

Some are; some aren't.  They're indicated on the Cruise Compass with a dollar sign if there's an additional charge.  

5) i have read that some people have really been hurt. I am not all that gracefull. But i plan on doing it. Any recommendations?

Doing what?  The Flow Rider?  If so, there's a possibility, but I didn't see anyone get hurt.  My wife wiped out, but she was fine otherwise as the "pool" is padded somewhat.  You will need to sign a waiver, though.

Ice cream is included in the main dining room with lunch and dinner and in most specialty dining venues.  The buffet also often has hard scooped ice cream at dinner.  Other options during the day are soft served ice cream from machines.

7) i know at johnny rockets you need to pay a second fee for drinks including shakes. Do they charge a service fee for ordering things that are normally free like water and lemonade?

Soft drinks are included in the price (or at least they were on the Liberty).  Tea, lemonade, water, milk, and coffee are always included in all dining venues without any charge.

8) where on the independence can i get my free drinks? I am assuming i wont get them at tge bars?

Any dining venue will have the free drinks mentioned in #7.  You can also get water and any of the bars and there is a beverage station in and outside of the Windjammer.  There will also be one in the coffee bar in the promenade.

9)with grease now on board how is seating working? Do we prebook? Get tickets on board? Or just show? Also is seating going to be different because of wheelchair?

There is handicapped seating.  I would recommend showing up about 20 minutes early, but there are no tickets or reservations on Freedom class ships.

10) we will also go to the ice show will ticketing be any different because of wheelchair?

Not entirely sure, but on the Liberty, they simply assigned show times based on cabin deck numbers.  However, there were no tickets issued and you could really go to any of them.

I'd recommend looking at the Compass and focusing on what the Cruise Director's staff plans.  There will be everything from family bingo to origami classes.

12) anyone that is a permanat wheelchair user that has tips for the independence?

I don't have any personal experience, but the Freedom is a relatively new ship so there should be limited obstacles as a result.  I presume you booked a handicap-accessible cabin.

You need to be more specific.

See my answers above in blue.

I would recommend you book a spa appointment for somewhere on land.  If you are frugal, you will find significantly cheaper prices at most locations in one of the ports you visit.  In Cozumel, my wife has gone here many times and loves it

The YSPA (spa for teens) is only on Oasis-class shops, as I recall.

No, exercise classes cost extra

Bring lots of water. 

The Windjammer often has ice cream, and the Main Dining Room always has ice cream dessert.

Should be no charge for water or lemonade

Bars will serve you water (they don't have much else that is free).  You can get free drinks all over the ship... Cafe Promenade, Windjammer, Sorrentos, Wipeout Cafe, etc.

No tickets. First come, first served. Show up at least 20 minutes early for good seats.

Same as Grease.

FlowRider! Seriously, there is lots to enjoy.  Look at the Cruise Compass for various shows and seminars.  Live music is wonderful.

Here are our top 5 Independence activities: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/08/22/5-things-love-about-royal-caribbeans-independence-of-the-seas