Please explain VOOM

Pooch

To a total tech dummy.  We will all have it free in an OS on Harmony correct?  I really am only concerned about checking in for our flights home on SWA.  Will I be able to do that?  Will I be able to share it with another guest not in my room?  Does it work on Coco Cay?

Full suites such as an Owners Suite on Harmony come with complimentary Voom for each guest.  Each guest in the suite can create their own login.

It is available 24 x 7 for the duration of the cruise so once you create your login and get connected it will work like being connected to wifi in your home.  Since it connects over satellite it won't be as fast as your home wifi but you will have internet access 24 x 7.  

Checking in for your flights on SWA will be no problem.  

It works on CocoCay too.  

If there is heavy rain the satellite signal can become blocked by the rain so there are times when the internet isn't available but generally speaking it works quite well.

23 hours ago, Pooch said:

And that’s not a problem.  I won’t be on line.  Hubby throws his phone in the safe for the week!  My brother will likely need to check in at work a few times so he’s welcome to it.

Most likely your husband will have to create his login, then give the info to your brother before putting his phone in the safe. IIRC, the setup process does check your info against the onboard records to confirm you have VOOM access, as well as what type (Surf, or Surf & Stream).

And the access is good even on the morning of debarkation day, until I think 10 AM to allow for late-departing passengers in the last luggage ticket group. So everyone will be able to use it through breakfast and while waiting to get off the ship.