Flights out to America

pamw

Hi newbie here - but not new to cruising.

We have just booked a cruise, flight from Heathrow UK to America next April.

There is an overnight stay pre-cruise included.

Does anyone know what RC tend to flight wise?

Would it generally be a morning flight out from Heathrow.

Thanks in advance

Which port are you cruising out of? Any guarantee on direct flight vs. "just getting you there".

From years of business travel, generally speaking its tough to find anything from Heathrow to US that isn't a "morning flight" getting in here during the afternoon, especially if you are direct. Could be anything from 8am to noon though.

If you add in connecting options it get a lot more complicated.

Cant speak to RCI specific booking practices though, sorry.

Hi and thank you.

The cruise is from Fort Lauderdale.

As we need to travel to Heathrow which is a few hours away we are wondering if we are better to book our taxi for the day before the flight and book a hotel for the night

It is a few years since we cruised from F/L and can't remember what we did.

We are flying BA from Glasgow to Miami through Heathrow in 3 weeks.  Flights from LHR arrive in MIA at around 1500 and 1825 on BA.  We did not book through RCCL but an online agent.  This is not recommended as we are having difficulty in upgrading our flights.  Have used RCCL in 2013 and flights were the same and easier managed.  They used BA at that time.  

If you have any questions I can do my best to answer them or can check things on the flight that I am taking and get back to you if your wish.

Hi Sailor  and thank you for the info.

My query surrounds the time of flights out we are booked with RC

Basically if the flight is early morning such as one of the first out then we would stay overnight - just needed to know to book our taxi.

I only had the paper work out via email yesterday for this cruise and haven't as yet looked to see who we will be flying with ( if it is actually on the documents that is )

I will check out the info.

Thanks  

Pam;

In a nutshell, flying UK to US is done during the day. Flying from US to UK is done overnight.  There appears to be many flights leaving LHR to MIA throughout the day.  BA has 07:25, 9:45, 10:40, 11:00, 11:15, 11:35, 12:25, 14:05. None of these would get you to Miami in time to catch your ship.  You would have to fly the day before and stay overnight in Miami/Fort Lauderdale.  No problems there; an extra night of the fine south Florida weather, and get up fresh for your cruise the next morning.

Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Thank you Sailor, actually that is very helpful and I'm thinking we are better to book into Heathrow Hotel the night before the flight.

We have also a hotel booked pre-cruise in American - yet to be confirmed where and which hotel by RC.

Thanks for your help. Pam