Uber from the airport?

Uber can absolutely take you that route.  Since around November they've been able to go into the drop off area at PEFL.  If you use UberX, it will be around $40-45.  Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International is right next door to the port, but MIA is a bit of a trip.  UberX, in case you're not familiar, will be fine for say, 2 people plus a bunch of luggage.  Any more than that and you'll want to consider UberXL which could run you $75-100, very similar to what a cab would probably cost (though a bit nicer).

Check out their fare estimator for more information:

https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

Uber can absolutely take you that route.  Since around November they've been able to go into the drop off area at PEFL.  If you use UberX, it will be around $40-45.  Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International is right next door to the port, but MIA is a bit of a trip.  UberX, in case you're not familiar, will be fine for say, 2 people plus a bunch of luggage.  Any more than that and you'll want to consider UberXL which could run you $75-100, very similar to what a cab would probably cost (though a bit nicer).

Check out their fare estimator for more information:

https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

Thanks for the info Billy.  I've been looking for some kind of fare estimator.  Your info is very helpful.  Unfortunately I'm coming from the UK so I have to fly into Miami and not Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks for the info Billy.  I've been looking for some kind of fare estimator.  Your info is very helpful.  Unfortunately I'm coming from the UK so I have to fly into Miami and not Fort Lauderdale.

I understand.  Coming from here and heading to Europe (usually London Heathrow), we've usually flown out of Miami, though at times FLL to LGA to LHR worked out nicely.  It's odd how one route is sometimes cheaper than another.  

Anyway, Lyft also operates in South Florida.  Very similar service, very similar pricing, but something to keep in mind.  There are shuttle services that will take you from MIA to PEFL, but most of the time if your party is more than one person, it's not worth it (plus you've gotta be on their schedule).  To me, Uber/Lyft are the best options.  The next best would probably be a limo service, especially if you have more than 3 people, the rates for longer trips like this are frequently little more than taxis.

There is a fare estimator within the Uber App.  I used Uber several times on our Baltics cruise, mainly in Stockholm and Copenhagen, and the fares always ended up being lower than the estimate I was given.  I really Uber as the price is know in advance and in Stockholm I really liked it as the taxis are unregulated there.