air2sea

barjpoe

I'll be on Independence OTS in Sept. (6nights). Am thinking to use Air2Sea for my air fare.  The cruises before and after are 8nighters (no go right now) so I could see RCI changed the cruise length and it is also hurricane season. Would using Air2Sea be a good option if changes unexpectedly show up? 

Welcome to the message boards!

There are many advantages to using Air2Sea but keep in mind they don't cover every possible issue that might come up.

During hurricane season for example flight operations can get messed up.  A plane that is supposed to come from one city never makes it even though your home city or your cruise city is far from that hurricane.  When booked direct an airline might just say "flight cancelled" leaving you scrambling at the last minute to find another way.  When you are booked with Air2Sea it is their problem to find a way for you to make it to the ship. 

If the cruise is cancelled because of weather or any reason where the cruise line cancels the cruise and you are booked direct with an airline you have to live with the airlines terms and conditions regarding your flights.  Maybe you can make changes, maybe there are penalties, maybe you just lose the value of the ticket.  It all depends. 

If you book through A2S and the cruise line cancels the cruise your flights are refunded just like the cruise fare is.

If you just get cold feet at the last minute and decide not to go while the cruise sails normally without you then A2S may have penalty fees that are separate and distinct from the cruise cancellation fees just like booking direct with an airline.