Balcony room selection

Hi all,

I’m very much hoping that the next cruise season in Australia will go ahead, and I’m looking to book for Jan 2022! 

Going with a bigger ship this time, and I am also planning a bigger room, considering a large balcony room, perhaps aft, perhaps mid. 

My question is about which level I should select as I’ve never had a balcony before. Is it nicer to be lower and closer to to the sea for relaxing and for scenic cruising or is a higher up balcony better for viewing and relaxing on a balcony? 

Advice much appreciated!  

i was just considering this same question for Quantum to south pacific!

large balcony rooms, have a balcony that is bigger but room that is smaller so depends whats important to you.

ultimately for us, a bigger room is worth it, there is plenty of room to sit out on the balcony in any case.

to answer your question we usually book forward and up high without being near any entertainment venues or the kids club.

if your further away from the buffet makes it easier to justify the extra dessert.

I'm looking forward to checking out the new cruise terminal and new for me ship in 2022.

We enjoy the pools and Solarium so we tend to go high, mid to front (more front), on Ovation deck 11,12,13. It all depends on where you would like to be closer to. Also motion can be a little worse on the Ovation when crossing the Tasman to NZ when higher. We prefer the views from the higher deck. If possible we love the aft balconies right on the back of the ship, but they go super fast. The balconies are larger and the sitting out there watching the wake is a simple pleasure.

I suggest research the ship and see what is important to you as far as location relative to amenities. It is bigger than the Voyager but getting around is relative easier. Also, whether this is a real thing or not, majority of suites are deck 13 so the lifts seem quicker to arrive, especially towards the front elevators. 

We tend to prefer the larger room as opposed to the larger balcony; on a longer cruise you will appreciate the floor space more.