App booking for 3 balcony stateroom / party of 7

sg25cruise

We'll be sailing on 29 May 2021 on quantum of the seas from Singapore. We booked a total of 3 balcony staterooms with 7 of us and have purchased Unlimited Dining Package. 

If we hope to dine together at the same table, can we make reservations via the app once onboard or booking can only be done at restaurants? 

Welcome to the message boards!

The Ultimate Dining Package does not allow you to make reservations in advance, they are made once you are on board.

When I have had the UDP as soon as I board on day one I head to any specialty restaurant and I make my dining reservations for the entire cruise right then.  If you wait until later in the cruise to make dining plans the desired venue might not be available so it is best to deal with it for the whole cruise as soon as you board and then adapt the plan during the cruise as you feel necessary.

Most ships have allowed groups in different parties to make dining reservation together in the past but I'm not sure if that is permitted under the current pandemic mitigation protocols.  Also, not all specialty dining venues will always have a table that can accommodate a group of 7 available at all times.  In the past some venues would group smaller tables together for larger groups but it's not clear if that is being done at this time.

I suppose it might make a difference if you are all one family that lives togthether in the same household or if you are three different families that all booked the same cruise.

Prepare a list with everyone's names and cabin numbers plus the desired day and time for each dinner when you board.  Visit a specialty restaurant or look for a table set up for making dining reservations in the Esplanade once on board.   At that point the crew will do their best to accommodate your request if it is permitted.

On 2/25/2021 at 1:01 AM, sg25cruise said:

can we make reservations via the app once onboard or booking can only be done at restaurants

Make sure you link your reservations in your Cruise Planner.  That will hopefully carry over to the app once you are onboard.  If it doesn't, you may have to link it there.  You should be able to use the app to make the dining reservations once you are onboard the ship's wifi connection.  But the best thing is to do as @twangster suggested and go make your reservations when you first get on board.  You can use the lap later to reschedule and move around reservations and also make new ones.