Liberty of the Seas Shore Excursions

etuma

Just was told by TA that signing up pre-cruise for shore excursion wasn't necessary...is this true?? Seems like the opposite from what I see on these and other boards.

Thanks for any guidance!

Often it's not necessary, but popular tours can and do sell out in advance.  If it's a bus/sight seeing or beach break tour, you're likely okay.  However, if it is a more exotic tour where space is limited, then you may be out of luck.  For example, I've been on tours that have had as few as 8 spaces available for the entire ship.

If you have your heart set on the excursion, I'd book it in advance.

Often it's not necessary, but popular tours can and do sell out in advance.  If it's a bus/sight seeing or beach break tour, you're likely okay.  However, if it is a more exotic tour where space is limited, then you may be out of luck.  For example, I've been on tours that have had as few as 8 spaces available for the entire ship.

If you have your heart set on the excursion, I'd book it in advance.

I completely agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Two things from our April Liberty cruise...

Price was slightly cheaper online before cruise for one excursion and the other sold out 2 days before we boarded.

You have to pay as soon as you book online, but that allows you to spread out the cost of the cruise.

• 3 months later...