Lift and Shift San Juan

We have 5 cabins booked for Aug 30, 2020 leaving from San Juan, Freedom of the Seas.  Now that it is canceled, we would like to lift and Shift.  Our itinerary isn't available on the dates offered by RC.  They do have that itinerary available in November.  They will not make any exceptions to accommodate us since it's not available in July Aug or September.  As it is, I'll be losing my airfare for August of this year to Puerto Rico.  Zero answers when you call RC or our travel agent, who also finds this very unfair.  Since we have to have a choice by July 10th, I bet our itinerary will open on the 11th!  We took a chance on the fact that Royal will take care of us should the covid cancel our cruise.  Unless they have a change of heart, DON'T BOOK YOUR CRUISE WITH RC ON THE PROMISE THAT THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!  Former guest and stock holder of RC.  

@Soozann While it sucks that you cannot find a cruise to accommodate your needs, I don't understand your last point. I have refused to book anything new after so many cancellations. it is your choice to do so. Companies, just like me and you, are still in the dark regarding the current situation. If you really want to cruise maybe you should see what is available to L&S. I recall there is a tool that allows you/TA/CustRep to see what us available.

4 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

I can fully relate. I also have an independence 5 nighter booked for week before christmas this year. LIFT AND SHIFT will not work for 2021 as theres NO SIMILAR ITINERARY. so I had to choose a different itinerary. Now I'm not saying this will be happen but I know my way around how to talk to RCL and after three different calls with three different RSS AGENTS aka supervisors... I was able to price protect my fare and transfer it to a similar by 80% itinerary on Oasis for 2021 instead with same fare and a slight tax increase. Only difference was tax and technically it's not a lift and shift but an RSS AGENT depending on who you get can work magic for you. That's if you sorta know key words and what to ask for. Ultimately RSS controls the game and some are by the book others are willing to go the extra mile. Try your luck. Spin the dice.

SO I would call and ask to be escalated to an RSS AGENT. they are supervisory level and you have to know how to phrase or how to ask for things and if they are willing to transfer itineraries outside of the L&S POLICY but still price protect... then I'd jump on it during that interaction. Its hit and miss and almost like rolling a dice  they are also way more accommodating after 11 pm EST or 8 pm PST. I've found that from my constant calls to RCL over the past year at least three or four times a week...I know the various shortcuts around the phones. Aka press EXT 3 THEN EXT 1 for travel agent support. It beats waiting on hold with other people and the call gets routed to the same team anyway.

ALSO . Speak to five different people you get five different answers Haha... if the answer you seek is along the lines of what they are willing to do in that interaction then I'd act right away rather than risk calling back to get someone else. Usually its three times lucky. 

Thank you Crisgold52, I will continue to try.  To further complicate my booking, I booked with Vacations2go, so RC refuses to speak to me and will only tell me to go to my travel agent.  I also used a $500 gift cert that I purchased from AARP.  The remaining 4 cabins also booked with vacations 2 go, but paid with a credit card. I will take your advice though and call later in the evening, I wondered if that would be helpful as I held the line today.  I don't want to let this trip slip away.  A 7 night cruise with 6 port stops, all of which we have never been. 

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Soozann While it sucks that you cannot find a cruise to accommodate your needs, I don't understand your last point. I have refused to book anything new after so many cancellations. it is your choice to do so. Companies, just like me and you, are still in the dark regarding the current situation. If you really want to cruise maybe you should see what is available to L&S. I recall there is a tool that allows you/TA/CustRep to see what us available.

Where does your confusion lie?  RC has the cruise with confidence program, offering 100% refund, 125% fcc, or the lift and shift.  All offered due to the covid uncertainity.  I took a chance and booked a cruise on their word, so far I'm no being taken care of.  Why would I settle for a 3 stop cruise leaving from
FL, much higher departure taxes, than the 6 stop, Puerto Rico trip?  That's not comparable.

@Soozann I was confused by the idea that any of this is a promise to take care of you. CWC is not a promise to take care of you, it a goodwill action. IF YOU choose to book during this unprecedented time they will try to make things right. If they cancelled the cruise you have the right to a refund, 125%FCC and in some cases a L&S. You are saying they aren't being fair because you can't get what you want. As if it is your RIGHT for them to honor your particular request when you have the option of a refund and choosing to book another cruise during your specified time frame. L&S rules are set as far as dates go, you say nothing about whether they may allow you change the itinerary.