Alchohol packages

ckarns

We will be trying a package on our upcoming cruise, I don't think we will really get the money out of it but ... one of the good things I have heard is that it gives you less angst about trying some things that you ordinarily would not try.

For example the $12 cocktail that you aren't sure you would like is no big deal if its "free".

The drinks packages don't cover cocktails over $10, or wine over $12 unfortunately.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-beverage-packages 

The drinks packages don't cover cocktails over $10, or wine over $12 unfortunately.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-beverage-packages 

For example the $12 cocktail that you aren't sure you would like is no big deal if its "free".

But they comp you for $10, so THOSE drinks would cost you $2 additional.

We will be trying a package on our upcoming cruise, I don't think we will really get the money out of it but ... one of the good things I have heard is that it gives you less angst about trying some things that you ordinarily would not try

While true, I'd advise saving your money on the package and if you want to try some fancy new drinks, do it on land where prices tend to be cheaper.

It's just a lot of drinking to make it worth it financially.  So unless 6+ drinks a day is what you consider normal for you, I just don't see the value in the package (unless you want to try A LOT of new drinks)

Its close on the $ value side so we are going to try it out since we got a healthy OBC through the travel agent .. I suspect we will conclude its not worth it but you never know.

Let us know your thoughts when you get back.  I hope it ends up being a good deal for you