Trip insurance

Does  anyone know how it works, when you apply FCC credits to a cruise to pay it off,  then later on the cruise gets canceled, medical conditions arise or required event pops up like jury duty?  Do you receive all the funds back or just what cash was originally paid for the cruise minus the FCC?

That's a tough one.  I know that they consider the issuance of a future credit as making you whole when claiming a loss (e.g. you cancel for some reason covered by the travel carrier and it results in a credit) and that won't pony up cash in that case, so I'd imagine it may be the same here and you wouldn't get cash reimbursement for the FCC.  That would be something to ask of the insurance companies when you are shopping the insurance policy.  My yearly policy definitely doesn't spell it out -- the closest thing to is is that there's a provision if you have to pay a fee to reinstate loyalty points that you used to pay for a trip, then that fee is covered.