Re: Quantum Class Cabin #8705

We were just approved yesterday to Lift & Shift to the Odyssey otS Transatlantic next October. We were assigned cabin #8705. There is a big blank space in the Deck Plan right behind that cabin. Since we are both light sleepers, I am wondering if anyone either knows what that space is or has stayed in this cabin on a Quantum Class ship and can comment on possible noise issues.

Thanks

As @SpeedNoodles mentioned, I wouldn’t be worried about it being noisy late at night. However, if it’s an area used with freight elevators it may get noisy early in the morning when Room service gets delivered and then again when Room Stewards prepare carts and linens for the day. If possible I’d ask to move to a spot where it wouldn’t be an issue. 

7 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

@abqkjh Welcome to the forums!

I checked the ShipMate app to see if anyone had left a review about this bank of rooms on another Quantum-class ship and haven't seen one yet.  It's most likely a staff area.  I'd be surprised if it's busy at night, but someone else may have more insight.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

As @SpeedNoodles mentioned, I wouldn’t be worried about it being noisy late at night. However, if it’s an area used with freight elevators it may get noisy early in the morning when Room service gets delivered and then again when Room Stewards prepare carts and linens for the day. If possible I’d ask to move to a spot where it wouldn’t be an issue. 

Thanks, I think I will try that.