Guaranteed Room?

JackL

I am curious if anyone has booked a guaranteed room for two people and experienced a "no-show" for one guest. I am seeing a cruise listing the GTY rate for two people as significantly lower than the single occupancy rate. 

If someone books the two-person GTY room, and one person can't make it on the day of, is the now-solo cruiser on the hook for the difference between the GTY rate and single occupancy rate? I understand there would not be a refund for the no show person, except taxes etc.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

@twangster is probably your best source on this question, but I don’t believe that it would make a difference whether you have a GTY reservation or a reservation for a specific cabin number.  I think the process would be the same.

It is my understanding that if one of the parties “no-shows”, the amount of taxes and ports fees are refunded and that’s it !  I have read that it is better to have the second person “no-show” than to cancel the second party ahead of time but I have no experience with this myself.