Car seats/kid transportation in Tampa

Rohebuks

I have a 5 year old and 7 month old. Any recommendations for car seat situation for transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to dock? I don’t really want to lug their car seats and have to shove them somewhere in the room but I’m also not willing to have them unrestrained (my 5 year old is small 36 lbs). I don’t have transport set up yet so looking for any and all advice. Staying at Grand Hyatt. Thanks! — looking for recommendations.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Im not sure about Tampa, but I know in NYC, conventional taxis were exempt from the car seat law.  

Laws aside, I'd just put them on your lap and hold them.  It's what our parents did.

316.613 f.s.
Abstract: F.S. 316.613 316.613 

(6) The child restraint requirements imposed by this section do not apply to a chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicle if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation. It is the obligation and responsibility of the parent, guardian, or other person responsible for a child’s welfare as defined in s. 39.01 to comply with the requirements of this section.