Long European Cruise

cam_blev

So, the wife and I  have booked a 13 night Mediterranean cruise for this fall. 
This website and the youtube videos have been very helpful in the Royal Caribbean planning side of things, but there everything seams to revolve around shorter cruises. Is there any information or advice I can find about longer cruises? I have been on 3 week long cruises now all with Royal Caribbean all to the Caribbean. What should I expect differently or should it make me plan things differently? I already know its going to be hard for 2 people to make the drink package worth it for 2 weeks for 2 people but should i consider getting it for the last leg of the trip? We are cruising 3 of the last 4 days. Whats the weather in the Mediterranean like in Oct? Should we pack swimming gear?
Sorry, started rambling a bit there at the end but any advice or direction toward advice on longer European cruises would be wonderful. Thanks!

@cam_blev

I went early in October last year it the weather was very nice.  It may of been a little above average from years past. Croatia it was 98 degrees and the same in Positano and not a breath of wind.

The waters in the med were still nice and warm so swimming was great in the oceans.

The cruise is port intensive but the drink package was still worth it.  When you got off the ship I took a couple bottles of Vitamin water on the way out at the drink station they set up as you get off the ship every time.   Once back on the ship after a long day it is no problem to have a few drinks before you go back to your room.  Then before dinner, during and after etc.. It was well worth it. 

It was a bust cruise but worth it and the last couple of seas days was great to really relax.