Outstanding crew member

tldslick

I wanted to share something from my July sailing on Freedom of the Seas that is still on my mind so many months later.  I had daily interactions with a crew member who would always remember my name and the details of the previous day conversations about what excursions i had planned for the day and would ask about how i enjoyed them.  He seemed to have a specific section of the pool deck that was his area to clean.  It impressed me how well he did his job.  He was always cleaning all day long whenever i would see him.  My wife and I enjoyed his company all week long. 

On the last day in port we bought his several small gifts and wanted to give them to him along with some $$.  Sadly the day got away from us being the last day and we could not find him.  We looked from him for several hours.  My wife found someone in charge in the area he worked and he told her he was off duty for the day.  She showed him a picture of him we had taken together and he said he would make sure he got our gifts.  ( he pointed to the stripes on his shirt and said "these mean i am trustworthy" and chuckled ).  

I regret waiting until the last day and wish i could have seen him one more time to thank him.

I was wondering besides not waiting until the last minute what else could we have done?   

38 minutes ago, tldslick said:

I wanted to share something from my July sailing on Freedom of the Seas that is still on my mind so many months later.  I had daily interactions with a crew member who would always remember my name and the details of the previous day conversations about what excursions i had planned for the day and would ask about how i enjoyed them.  He seemed to have a specific section of the pool deck that was his area to clean.  It impressed me how well he did his job.  He was always cleaning all day long whenever i would see him.  My wife and I enjoyed his company all week long. 

On the last day in port we bought his several small gifts and wanted to give them to him along with some $$.  Sadly the day got away from us being the last day and we could not find him.  We looked from him for several hours.  My wife found someone in charge in the area he worked and he told her he was off duty for the day.  She showed him a picture of him we had taken together and he said he would make sure he got our gifts.  ( he pointed to the stripes on his shirt and said "these mean i am trustworthy" and chuckled ).  

I regret waiting until the last day and wish i could have seen him one more time to thank him.

I was wondering besides not waiting until the last minute what else could we have done?   

Try to capture the full name of the crew member, and if you can't get a WOW envelope to him or to her, the end-of-cruise survey is a chance to offer your praise.  I have also left notes at Guest Services.