Guarantee Room assigned, can it change?

TLCTracy

I booked a Guarantee Obstructed balcony for my Alaskan cruise in September 2020. I already have an room assignment in a fantastic Unobsructed Room on the 11th floor! Has anyone ever had their room changed after it was assigned? We are still 9 months out from the cruise. I was shocked it was already assigned, my cruise in a month and a half still has no assignment. 

20 minutes ago, TLCTracy said:

I booked a Guarantee Obstructed balcony for my Alaskan cruise in September 2020. I already have an room assignment in a fantastic Unobsructed Room on the 11th floor! Has anyone ever had their room changed after it was assigned? We are still 9 months out from the cruise. I was shocked it was already assigned, my cruise in a month and a half still has no assignment. 

As a general rule, once the GTY Room is assigned it does not change.  The only time I have heard of changes being made after assignment was when Royal was recategorizing some of the staterooms.  I wouldn't expect your room to be changed by Royal.