Kids Program Changing Age Groups

I just read, in another forum, that on Anthem and Oasis that they have regrouped the ages and this is going to be implemented fleet-wide.  Apparently Oasis has totally revamped  their kids program and combined the 6-8's and 9-11's and added the 12 year old kids as well.  They are also regrouping the teens to be 13-17.  I know in the past they would combine ages if there weren't enough kids but this was not the case.  Is there anyone that has some insight on this?  

Oasis has changed their approach, and it will eventually (theoretically) go fleetwide.

• AO Junior: 3-5
  • AO Arena: 6-12

This new order of things sounds a lot more different than it is really is. As you mentioned, combining Explorers and Voyagers was so common in my experience, that it is more surprising when they do not combine than when they do.

We tried this on Oasis and thought it worked well. Lines for check-in/check-out tend to be long at Arena since there's more people now trying to get in/out at one time, but it's not horrible.