Sailing Out of NY During April Question

DublinFC

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Thanks, this is really helpful.

We have sailed Oasis twice before (Caribbean in December) and Harmony once (Med in September). DH really likes this class of ship and is keen to return but I can see it's going to be a whole different ball game in early May out of NY. We have not sailed a Quantum class ship before but SIL did one of the very first European cruises on Ovation and says it is her absolute favourite class. Decisions, decisions... I suspect it's going to come down to ancillary costs, such as airfare and accommodation in the NY area. Like @DublinFC (apologies for hijacking your thread!) we are looking to have 2 or 3 days of sightseeing in the Big Apple beforehand.

Hijack away, the more questions asked the more answers shared.  I have learned a lot on these boards by asking questions and reading other people's questions.

We decided on a cruise in April since it is the end of the spring semester where I teach.  Sounded like a perfect excuse to get a vacation scheduled.  We have only sailed out of Florida so learning more about the NY area and sailing from there is good information.

9 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Can I do a mini hijack and ask how much better the weather might be a couple of weeks later, since we are wavering between this one and Oasis on 9 May?

The last few years it's been cooler into June so I'd say light jackets and no flip flops yet. (I live about 50 miles away and the weather is the same.)