Anthem specialty restaurants

Jmconn

They might, but there is no guarantee it will happen. I've sailed Anthem twice, and both times there were no on-board sales offered; either advertised on signage while walking around the ship, or by dining staff approaching us to advise of anything.

My first time on Anthem, I had been waffling about reserving a table at Wonderland for one night. Finally bit the bullet and did it through the Cruise Planner, although I'd been advised the ship might offer a sale while docked for our overnight in Bermuda. It was good that I booked ahead, because there was no sale at all and the onboard price was about $25 or $30 more than what I'd paid booking it in the Cruise Planner.

If you think you'd like to try a specialty restaurant, I would definitely advise booking it in advance in the Cruise Planner, since the regular CP price is already discounted relative to the onboard pricing. You can always see if on the day you are going they have a promotion being offered, or if there are any dining staff wandering the ship on embarkation day with a better deal. If that happens, you should easily be able to go to Guest Services and have your reservation adjusted to the lower price, with the refund applied as on-board credit.

24 minutes ago, Jmconn said:

Going on the Anthem on the 28th. 

I am assuming that you mean Dec 28th.  If that is the case, I would NOT expect any onboard deals since it is a holiday sailing. Holiday sailings are notorious price gougers to begin with. If you’re going to see any kind of price break, more than likely it will be pre-cruise.

We sailed Anthem during spring break this year and we did not plan on eating at any specialty restaurants since we had access to CK, that being said I did know the prices prior to us boarding and the price that we saw on ship was actually a little more expensive.  We did break down and had lunch at Jamies (which was absolutely fabulous and money well spent).  I would honestly suggest getting the package prior to getting onboard, and as @WAAAYTOOO has stated, you are sailing during a premium time I would not expect a deal once onboard.