Photo Package

jcackler

We are super bad about getting family photos - so with the Black Friday Deals are considering the digital photo package for our family for our February 2020 sailing on Liberty of the Seas.  Since we have never been able to cruise Royal (third try is a charm right?) I could use some experienced input on the following:

We are sailing in two connecting staterooms. Will we be able to use just one photo package?   Will someone from the assigned stateroom have to be in each photo? 

We are traveling with Grandpa and Grandma - I am assuming they could be in group photos on our package?

How many photo opportunities are there? Are they all at dinner times?  Traveling with two 10 year old boys with varying special needs -  variety is good.  Looking for both fun and more traditional photos.

We are bad about getting family photos because of our boys needs - I hate to schedule a sitting or site photographer here at home because if one of the boys is having a rough day - it's toast.  Out of a week long cruise I'm hoping for a few usable photos and would consider that a win.   I also don't want to have miserable kids waiting in lines right before dinner either. 

6 minutes ago, jcackler said:

We are super bad about getting family photos - so with the Black Friday Deals are considering the digital photo package for our family for our February 2020 sailing on Liberty of the Seas.  Since we have never been able to cruise Royal (third try is a charm right?) I could use some experienced input on the following:

We are sailing in two connecting staterooms. Will we be able to use just one photo package?   Will someone from the assigned stateroom have to be in each photo? 

We are traveling with Grandpa and Grandma - I am assuming they could be in group photos on our package?

How many photo opportunities are there? Are they all at dinner times?  Traveling with two 10 year old boys with varying special needs -  variety is good.  Looking for both fun and more traditional photos.

We are bad about getting family photos because of our boys needs - I hate to schedule a sitting or site photographer here at home because if one of the boys is having a rough day - it's toast.  Out of a week long cruise I'm hoping for a few usable photos and would consider that a win.   I also don't want to have miserable kids waiting in lines right before dinner either. 

My experience is that there is a face recognition program that searches for the faces of the guests registered in the stateroom with the photo purchase.  There are sometimes errors, so one should check photos on the ship.  If the entire group is together a lot, the group photos will be available to you as long as covered "faces" are in the picture.  We saw photographers all over the place, at ports, by the dining room, in the MDR, by the stairs, etc.  Port visits can involve photos with costumed representatives.  Other threads discuss whether the package is a good value or not.  That depends on what you get out of it.   We have purchased an occasional photo but never the entire package.  Again, if you purchase, make sure to check your account while you are on the ship.  PS.  There are lines for the photographers on the promenade or during peak periods, like formal night.  That might impact your boys.