MDR vs MTD Indy specifically

panda123

Hello! I am planning our 3rd cruise for 10 year wedding anniversary, and this is the first trip without the extended family. On the first 2 cruises the mother in law decided everyone would eat together traditional dinning first seating. This is way to early for myself and my husband, we usually were not even hungry then. We usually don't eat dinner until 8 pm or later Iowa time. I choose the 8:00 second seating traditional dinning when booking, because I do enjoy having the same wait staff every evening. Looking at the compass and current trips on the app, it appears that the second seating my conflict with a lot of the shows and/or activities I was looking forward to. So my question is, does anyone know if first or second seating is busier/crowded one time over the other? Would it be more beneficial to try the MTD? I don't like waiting in lines on vacation, lol. It is only 2 of us, does that make it faster to get a table with MTD, if I choose not to make reservations in advance? Thank you.

We had MTD on Indy last December (also just 2 if us).  It was just a 4 night cruise and we had FNDR on the first night.  But for the remaining 3 nights we booked at 6:30pm.  We had no wait and they sat us at same table, same waiter.  Not sure if this is always the case , especially if you come a bit later and so there are groups that have started before you, but it worked ok. There was even another couple in the table next to us each night (same time) that we got friendly with.  The meal was efficient too and didn't take that long.  The waiter though wasn't as friendly but not sure if that was due to MTD in a short cruise or just his personality.

Congrats on your 10 year!