Liberty internet pricing & speed

I was looking at the Liberty internet pricing for 4 devices and it says "from $40".  When I add it to my cart it is charging me $350 total.  So is the internet for 4 devices $40 or $50 a day?  Or is the extra amount due to tax, service charge, etc? 

Right now, I'm waiting to book on board to get a small C&A discount.  If we wait until we are onboard, can we use different credit cards? My husband wants to charge his work for his portion as he must be in contact with them. 

I've read that Liberty internet is slow.  Is it fast enough to be able to keep in touch with my teens who will be onboard via WhatsApp?

Thanks for any help.

So the 4-device package is $40 per day (on non-Voom ships).

Yes, you can add different credit cards to the SeaPass account. When you check in, have him put a CC down for him and you a different CC down for your spending.

The internet can handle texting on WhatsApp. Videos and/or streaming is what is impossible.

Thanks Matt. Liberty is a 7 night cruise so cost should be $280 (7nights) or $320 (8 days). I'm not sure if they count days or nights. I'm still wondering how RC wants to charge me $350 online on my cruise planner. Math error?

Go back to Cruise Planner and go to the point of adding it to your cart.  You should be able to expand the line item for the package and see if there is anything like tax being added.

But it should be 7 x $40 (assuming your package rate is $40 per day.  It is $40 per day on Navigator of the Seas that I can see for my upcoming cruise).

Any one been on the Liberty lately? Did they get the VOOM Internet upgrade during dry dock? If so was it better?  I might consider it if it has decent speed. Last time on, it was to slow to fool with.

I disembarked Liberty on 3/20/2016.  We paid for the "unlimited internet for two devices" for $210; it was atrocious.  That said, it was what I had expected given my experience with internet on other pre-VOOM ships.  If you pay for pre-VOOM internet service, expect extremely slow load times and frequent disconnects.  My wife was nagging at me constantly that "facebook won't load".  I talked to a number of other dissatisfied passengers, some who were going to the service desk to demand a refund.

I had the opportunity to meet several of the officers for drinks one evening (well, passengers drink, they don't) and I asked about the Internet and was told that VOOM was coming to Liberty "sometime in April".  

The tidal wave slide was being worked on daily and then one evening the concierge told us that they were going to test it out on the crew.  Unfortunately, the next day he told us it failed the test so there is still more work to be done.

The water slides were really fun and the dry dock refurbishments have the ship in tip-top shape.  We were very pleased with the condition of the ship.

Enjoy your cruise, just don't plan on the Internet being satisfactory.

att cruise packages --- ( Quote from blog here) --- Using voice, text or data is just like using it on land.  You place calls or write texts or launch apps and they work largely the same.

Since you're at sea, you're using Royal Caribbean's cellular signal to get a connection.  For voice and plain text messages (no photos), it worked pretty quickly.  Texting photos or using data usually required signifigant waits for tasks to finish.  In some cases, text messages with photos did not go through and had to be re-sent. This isn't AT&T's fault, but rather just the way things are with Royal Caribbean's cell signal.