Snorkeling on an Eastern Caribbean sailing

Fairlynew

My husband really enjoys snorkeling.  We are going to St. Maarten, San Juan and Labadee in March, and I am looking for a good snorkeling excursion.  I did not see anything interesting in San Juan or St. Maartens, but I found 2 on Labadee.  Does anyone have recommendations?  Has anyone done either of the excursions below?  If so, which do you recommend?

Labadee Speedboat And Snorkel

A unique, intimate adventure is in store on this excursion to one of Haiti's best reefs. You'll ride on a 30-foot, 450-horsepower rigid inflatable boat. It travels at speeds up to 50 miles per hour for maximum thrills. While en route, you'll see local villages and the Bay of Acul where Christopher Columbus first visited. Next, receive your snorkeling equipment and instruction before discovering the colorful marine life in and around the reef. This tour featuring National Geographic Snorkeler gear makes a great snorkeling experience even better. ZL29

Labadee Snorkel Safari

Discover Haiti's stunning coastline and discover the wonders that await you under the sea. Your adventure begins on a double deck catamaran fully equipped and ready to take you for a scenic ride to the snorkel reefs. This tour takes your average snorkeling adventure and elevates it to an experience you’ll never forget. After a quick briefing, follow your local guide as you embark on an unforgettable guided tour above the beautiful reef that tropical fish call home. Prefer to keep things above-board? You can spend the day sunbathing on the boat as you take in the beauty of Haiti’s North coast. QLB2

The prices are similar; the first one is 2 hours and the second one is 1 hour.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

I am going to be in Labadee in January and I have booked the Speedboat and Snorkel experience. I was wondering which one would be better as well lol. From the looks of the pictures, it looks like there are less people on the Speedboat.... I will write a review upon my return :). 

You should consider the Rhino Rider Adventure in St. Maarten. You drive small motor boats to a secluded beach and snorkel in the water before returning. One of my favorite excursions.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=SM17&DestinationCode=

Here is a vlog of when I did the excursion last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcMDyyrIYZY