Souvenirs

2017 will be my families first rccl cruise on the independence.Previously we cruised with disney. With disney we managed to get "free" souvenirs for the kids. At the kids club they went to the activities that had free stuff like disney pillow cases and t-shirts. We also participated in the fish extenders ( which is when you meet others going on your cruise virturally and then on the cruise leave presants for each other on your doors) allowing the kids to find gifts everyday at our door. This was great because the kids got souviners and we did not have to really spend and extra money. Plus they really enjoyed recieving the gifts vs spending an hour in the store not having enough money for whatever they have to have. I am at the point where I no longer give my nieces and nephew presants on their birthdays and christmas but instead give them experiences like going to magic kingdom with just me for the day. I think kids these days have too much stuff. Therefore they do not really appreciate what they have. Hence not a fan of spending the money on souviners that they have to have today and do not care about tommorow. So my question is are there any free or cheap ideas for souviners?

If they participate in the Adventure Ocean activities, they will walk away with a lanyard, pillow cases that they decorate and the like. They can also win prizes ranging from medals to plush characters. There are also small trinkets to be had by participating in the various activities around the ship.

Let's face facts, Disney is a World Class leader at marketing, licensing, and branded sales. Very hard to compare them to other companies. I really believe they are the best in the travel field at this. The same can be said for Harley Davidson with motorcycles  dealerships, with merchandising sales almost equal to bike sales. Royal seems to have fallen behind in merchandising so the amount of fee stuff is less. That said it is not a negative against Royal, it is just they are putting all efforts into building new ships, routes, and cruise sales.  I am happy to take new ships and routes over free souvenirs anytime.

• 2 years later...