Quantum of the Seas "Waterfront"

With Quantum being built at Meyerwerft, its hard to miss all of the excitement going on with Norwegian right now, as Getaway has recently launched/had her first passengers on board, etc...  I was watching a youtube video of Kevin Sheehan 'introducing' Getaway, and he was talking about the "waterfront" feature on the Breakaway/Getaway and said: "as a matter of fact, I know one of the ships thats about to launch is copying that"  

Do you think we should expect to possibly see a 'waterfront' on Quantum?  After seeing pictures of the waterfront concept on Breakaway, it looks like a really cool feature. 

The "waterfront" concept on NCL Breakaway/Getaway is like an outside Promenade with bars, restaurants, etc. Somewhat similar to Deck 4 on Radiance/Voyager/Freedom class ships now, but just with access to dining and bar venues. It seems like a good concept, however I've read reviews from people that say the waterfront is underused and nearly empty most of the time.

It is funny you bring this up bbandeegrl because I did notice awhile ago an area that is by the lifeboats that looks like it could hold a waterfront type space. This is left blank on all the rendering photos I've seen so far.

90-meter-ueber-dem-meer-schweben-neue-au

Has anyone else noticed that the Quantum class has many striking similarities to the Solstice class? Not that this is a bad thing, as I think the Celebrity Solstice class is absolutely gorgeous! I think Royal Caribbean is smart to design this new class in a more modern sleek way. The Solstice ships have been a big hit. 

Also, in the photo above does it look like there are two zip lines going along either side of that pool? From the NorthStar area to either side of the pool screen?

Here are some other photos I haven't seen of Quantum renderings. Have I been living under a rock?

Screen%2BShot%2B2013-10-24%2Bat%2B10.50.

Two decks below Flowrider does that look like shaded area for possibly outside Windjammer Market place?

7l-image.jpg

I have never seen this photo either of the Quantum Solarium. What is way up at the top? Looks like elliptical machines?

quantum1.png

So it looks like Quantum class has indoor (or at least covered) Solarium and indoor pool?

The "waterfront" concept on NCL Breakaway/Getaway is like an outside Promenade with bars, restaurants, etc. Somewhat similar to Deck 4 on Radiance/Voyager/Freedom class ships now, but just with access to dining and bar venues. It seems like a good concept, however I've read reviews from people that say the waterfront is underused and nearly empty most of the time.

It is funny you bring this up bbandeegrl because I did notice awhile ago an area that is by the lifeboats that looks like it could hold a waterfront type space. This is left blank on all the rendering photos I've seen so far.

Has anyone else noticed that the Quantum class has many striking similarities to the Solstice class? Not that this is a bad thing, as I think the Celebrity Solstice class is absolutely gorgeous! I think Royal Caribbean is smart to design this new class in a more modern sleek way. The Solstice ships have been a big hit. 

Also, in the photo above does it look like there are two zip lines going along either side of that pool? From the NorthStar area to either side of the pool screen?

I too a closer look at  the photo and I think those two lines you thought might be zip lines are just strings of lights. I saw the same looking thing on the back area near the Flowrider. Regarding your comment about the Solstice look to the ship, if you look at them closely, I think the Norwegian Breakaway class, the new Royal Princess, and the Quantum are similar in design. The Quantum is going to be considerably longer than any of those but there are many similarities.