Vietnam Visa

SameSame

We are on the Quantum of the Seas sailing next month and dock in Vietnam in 2 ports in 2 days and we hold UK passports - we are getting conflicting details regarding the visas.

Royal Caribbean have said that it is possible to get a visa on ship however this isn’t guaranteed and recommend getting one beforehand, however the prices are completely different (£89 pp before and $6 pp on the ship)

Has anyone had any experiences with this? I don’t want to pay £89 each if I can get it for $6 on the ship, but I also don’t want to be refused (have obtained Chinese visas so not expecting this)?

If anyone could give any advice we’d be very grateful!!! 

Thanks!! From 2 very confused cruise passengers!

I would contact gov site and ask, i know when i visted singapore and Philippines i didnt need a visa and i had left and re-entered both those countries, Obviously Vietnam is a different country but it wouldnt hurt to contact those who would know for sure

While I'm a US citizen, so it might be different, I can attest that Royal got my visas both times when I cruised to Vietnam. I believe the "cannot guarantee" is the disclaimer they will always use, just in case there is some issue. For example, if you have a criminal history in Vietnam, they won't let you in regardless of your citizenship.

In general, the Vietnam government has been very supportive of the cruise lines, making it easy for tourist.

When I done Vietnam cruise with 3 port I got the Visa at the embassy but this was total waste of money . Once we board our passports were collected and we only had our  passports photo copy which was signed on the first Vietnam port. The ship organized the Visa for everyone for 6 $ . We also had very hard time to understand if a visa is needed or not. Do not expect clear answer from RC. Please note Vietnam government tend to change the requirements from time to time so I am not sure regarding this year.