Jump to content
Amygs1

Took the $$ plunge on the Unlimited Beverage Package, so....What’s your favorite drink?

Recommended Posts

My personal number one rule - no beer. RC's beer is too crappy to justify a drink package...just give me the hard stuff 🙂

(The only time I ever got a beer on a drink package is when I sprained my thumb and needed something cold to put on it, like an ice pack. A Bud Light aluminum bottle was the perfect remedy. I drank it, too, but that was a distant secondary benefit of the "purchase" of said Bud Light) 

 

For a more real answer - Tropical Old Fashioned. "Muddled cherries and pineapple stirred together with orange bitters and Malibu coconut rum". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 4:41 PM, MotleyCruiser said:

Dr. Pepper shot.

 

Drop a shot of Amaretto in to a 1/2 glass of beer and slug it down.  Amazingly incredible!!  Honestly, I was blown away...it tastes like DP!!!!

OMG, I remember drinking those in college! Only... we did the Flaming Dr. Pepper -- Amaretto in the shot glass with Bacardi 151 layered on top to make it flammable. Light it on fire, then drop into the beer and chug!

What are the odds the bar staff would make one of those on board? 😂 It's a definite "one and done"; hits like a mule and you don't need much more after that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 3:51 PM, JLMoran said:

OMG, I remember drinking those in college! Only... we did the Flaming Dr. Pepper -- Amaretto in the shot glass with Bacardi 151 layered on top to make it flammable. Light it on fire, then drop into the beer and chug!

What are the odds the bar staff would make one of those on board? 😂 It's a definite "one and done"; hits like a mule and you don't need much more after that!

Yes! I had a few of those in the 80s! Flaming Dr. Peppers (except we dropped flaming Jagermeister into the mug), boiler makers, and red beers were the undergrad days in KS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MotleyCruiser said:

I've had them on MSC but it took some explaining.  "ok...ummm...I want one beer but two glasses...."

heh, I'm thinking more the flaming issue -- lighting things on fire intentionally on board a cruise ship in a less-than-contained area isn't exactly common. Plus, they'd probably be worried about the person then dropping the now-lit shotglass and missing the beer glass, spilling the burning alcohol all over the bar and other surfaces... no real liability / safety concerns there... 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

heh, I'm thinking more the flaming issue -- lighting things on fire intentionally on board a cruise ship in a less-than-contained area isn't exactly common. Plus, they'd probably be worried about the person then dropping the now-lit shotglass and missing the beer glass, spilling the burning alcohol all over the bar and other surfaces... no real liability / safety concerns there... 😜

Never even crossed my mind...lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be adventurous!  Having an unlimited drink package is a great opportunity to try something off the wall you're not sure you'll like.  Look at all the house specials in the various venues on the ship, they all have unique cocktails that fit their themes.

Prime example, I had always wanted to try a Negroni.  I finally did and learned that I definitely do not like Negronis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orange Crush said:

Be adventurous!  Having an unlimited drink package is a great opportunity to try something off the wall you're not sure you'll like.  Look at all the house specials in the various venues on the ship, they all have unique cocktails that fit their themes.

Prime example, I had always wanted to try a Negroni.  I finally did and learned that I definitely do not like Negronis. 

This is one big advantage to which I'm looking forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My cruise is now in the history books - favorite drinks in order were:  1. French 75 from Schooner Bar.  2.  Coconut Mojito.  3.  Lavender Daquiri     And there were MANY others sampled - rum punch, pina colada, margarita, Bloody Mary (yuck!), mimosa, scotch collins, Mai Tai, gin and tonic, plain martini.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got off Enchantment yesterday. My favorites were the Mojitos (frozen and not frozen), the Grey Goose Cosmopolitan, and the ringer was the Michelada by the pool before noon! (think bloody mary, but with beer and SPICY) Perfect when you're all sugared out by the frozen drinks. I enjoyed sampling the specials in Boleros, but can't remember what they were called. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Amygs1 said:

My cruise is now in the history books - favorite drinks in order were:  1. French 75 from Schooner Bar.  2.  Coconut Mojito.  3.  Lavender Daquiri     And there were MANY others sampled - rum punch, pina colada, margarita, Bloody Mary (yuck!), mimosa, scotch collins, Mai Tai, gin and tonic, plain martini.....

Were most drinks available in every bar or specific ones? Like the lavender daiquiri?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marlena said:

Were most drinks available in every bar or specific ones? Like the lavender daiquiri?

I tried to order the lavender daiquiri at one of the shows and was told it was only made at the R bar.  Never had a problem getting anything else from everywhere else.  Had chocolate martinis in many locations.  Though I didn’t try getting my favorite French 75 anywhere other than the Schooner where it was on their menu.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do the drinks at Sabor work? Can I get a Jalepeno-Cucumber or Sweet and Spicy margarita at a bar (they don't have one on Harmony like they do on Oasis, correct?) or are their specialty drinks only available if you're dining?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kerry said:

How do the drinks at Sabor work? Can I get a Jalepeno-Cucumber or Sweet and Spicy margarita at a bar (they don't have one on Harmony like they do on Oasis, correct?) or are their specialty drinks only available if you're dining?

Harmony has the bar inside of the restaurant and you can order margaritas there without dining, including the specialty ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 7:49 PM, Baked Alaska said:

Yes! I had a few of those in the 80s! Flaming Dr. Peppers (except we dropped flaming Jagermeister into the mug), boiler makers, and red beers were the undergrad days in KS!

Oh my gosh - We'd have "Theme Nights" in college where the rules changed depending on the night... One night being "You can't drink it unless it's lit on fire." Pretty sure I should be dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Habanero Grapefruit Daiquiri

I can't decide if trying that would cause me to have a 🤯 or a 🤢 reaction. Not a fan of anything grapefruit, but the idea of combining that with super-spicy habanero... 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I can't decide if trying that would cause me to have a 🤯 or a 🤢 reaction. Not a fan of anything grapefruit, but the idea of combining that with super-spicy habanero... 🤔

I'm willing to take the chance! 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I can't decide if trying that would cause me to have a 🤯 or a 🤢 reaction. Not a fan of anything grapefruit, but the idea of combining that with super-spicy habanero... 🤔

It wasn't super-spicy, more of a subtle kick. Put that "try new drinks" benefit of the drink package to good use!  🍸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...